I enjoy fall and the delicioius flavors that come out. I also love the wide variety of fall colored foods. When I cook a meal, my goal is to create delicious food utilizing as many colors of the rainbow as possible. This creates a wide variety of nutrients for our bodies. More nutrients empowers our bodies.
Time to cook our BBQ Salmon Fall Meal:Feeds about 4, or in our case 2 adults, 4 kids. 30 – 45 Min Start to finish timeShopping List/ Recipe:
- Salmon (enough for 4 filets, I prefer Wild Caught)
- 1- 2lb Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Celeriac (celery root)..Trust me I was shocked how yummy!
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Large Zuchini
- 2 Tbl. Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbl Fresh Chives
- 1 Tbl. Butter
- 1/2 C. Pecans
- 2 tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
Spices for Salmon:
- 1 tsp. each
- Smoked Sweet Paprika, Sweet Paprika, Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp each
- Ground Coriander
- 1 Tbl Maple Syrup
- 2 drops doTERRA CPTG Fennell Essential Oil
- 1 drop doTERRA CPTG Coriander Essential Oil (Optional)
- Peel: Sweet Potatoes, Celeriac, Green Apples, Zucchini
- Chunky dice sweet potatoes
- Thinly dice Celeriac, Green Apples, Zucchini, Parsley, Chives
- Put apples in a bowl and toss with vinegar
- Mix spices for salmon seasoning
- Pat Salmon dry with paper towel, sprinkle with salt & pepper both sides, then coat both sides with seasoning mixture
- Side Dishes:
- Boil water with 1/2 tsp salt. Add sweet potatoes, cook till tender and able to be pierced with a fork. Drain, add water, then mash. May add salt for additional flavor
- While sweet potatoes cook, sauté celeriac in1 Tbls olive oil on med-high for 9-11 minutes. Until lightly browned
- Drain apples, and add to sauté pan, along with zucchini.
- Stir occasionally for 10 min
- Lightly stir in Pecans, Chives, & Parsley. Turn off heat
- Prepare & Cook Salmon:
- Use same sauté pan as veggies, wipe clean to cook salmon
- Add 1 Tbls olive oil, once oil is hot, place coated salmon in the pan.
- Cook 2-4 min each side, or until browned and cooked to your desire.
- Serve & Enjoy. Colors used: White, Green, Orange, Red, Brown
We started a new tradition. If you can make a wish when you break a wish bone from a chicken, then why not make a wish when you get a bone in your fish.
We need more reminders to dream, and dream big! Go ahead close your eyes and dream the exact life you would choose. Is it filled with light and love? For we are powerful beyond measure. Life is to be enjoyed, and I love how kids are a great natural reminder to enjoy life with their constant giggles of laughter. How many times have you laughed today? Go ahead and laugh….That felt good huh!?!
Cheers to making wishes,
Joey and Cachay Wyson
Cooking with doTERRA Essential Oils