If your garbage disposal isn’t as fresh as it should be, use these homemade garbage disposal refreshers for a quick fix. Made with dōTERRA essential oils and baking soda, these seemingly harmless rounds pack a serious cleaning punch while costing less than a dollar to make. They also make a cute addition to your sink.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup liquid castile soap
- 30 drops dōTERRA Lemon essential oil
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Small spoon or scoop
- Sealable glass jar
- Gather all your ingredients. Measure and add the baking soda and salt to a small mixing bowl, and give it a stir ensuring that the mixture has been mixed and isn’t lumpy.
- Add castile soap and essential oil to mixture.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time while mixing until it reaches the consistency of damp sand. It should hold form when pressed together. If too much water is added, add more baking soda and salt until consistency is correct.
- Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper. Using a teaspoon or a small scooper, scoop packed spoonfuls onto parchment paper. A rounded teaspoon measuring spoon works magically. Continue molding the refreshers until the mixture is gone. Allow to dry overnight. One batch should be 36 garbage disposal refreshers.
- Place the dried garbage disposal refreshers in a sealable container. When your sink isn’t smelling fresh any longer, simply place 2-3 packs in the disposal and flip the switch.
- Immediately your home will be filled with the refreshing Lemon essential oil smell.
Want to make more cleaning products? Try our homemade cleansing wipes here.