This was a fun, simple twist to making fish wish veggies in a single dish. (single dish optional!) I dedicate this dish to Karen, at Salcianu Elite Gymnastics, who inspired a baked fish over asparagus meal.
- 4 lb Fish Fillet (any white fish)
- 1/2 C Butter (Dairy Free option Click here)
- 1/3 C. Lemon Juice
- 4 drops doTERRA, Lemon Essential Oil
- 1/2 C. Flour (Gluten Free Suggestion Click here or this brand Click Here)
- Dash of Paprika ( I only had smoked paprika, and it was delicious)
- 4 Tbl. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 C. Fresh Chives or Shallots
- 3 Tbl. Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- 1 head Cauliflower
- Thaw fish in Cold water.. NOT WARM! It can potentially cook it.
- Mix Flour, Paprika, Salt & Pepper to taste in separate bowl
- Clean & prep Vegtables
- WASH.. Oh be sure to wash well & Snap off the asparagus ends, or cut ends
- Wash and cut into bite size pieces. I just cut the whole head in a checker board patter
- Turn oven on to 375*
- Warm Sauté pan to med-high heat
- Add Olive oil to Cast Iron Skillet/cooking skillet that can go directly into over, or plan on baking in separate dish…Just one more dish than I used, it’s ok *wink* 🙂
- Once oil is warm add Garlic, Chives, Salt & Pepper
- Saute till garlic is lightly brown
- Turn heat to LOW
- Add Lemon & Butter to pan. Mix & melt.
- Turn off heat
- Add 4 drops doTERRA lemon essential oil (CPTG grade essential a MUST to be edible!)
- Put all the fish into the Oil, Butter, Lemon, Garlic mixture
- Remove one at a time & dip in flour dish and coat the fish
- Place on holding plate
- Toss vegetables into pan with oils, garlic, chives to flavor
- Pour excess into a bowl to drizzle over fish after placing in skillet/baking pan
- Leave vegetables in bottom of cast iron skillet after pouring out the excess oils
- or place in your baking dish
- Place battered fish (fish with flour coating) on top of vegtables
- Drizzle the Excess oils over fish, to fall down through to the vegetables.
- Bake in over for 30 min
- Remove from oven using Hot mits & serve onto table
- I served this along side Basmatti rice Flavored with a bit of chicken paste, & Salt.
- 1 1/2 C. Basmatti Rice
- 1/2 tsp. chicken paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Put a drizzle of olive oil & salt in pan on Med heat
- Add Rice and sauce a bit till the rice becomes a solid white and looses it’s see through look
- Add water & bring to a boil, then add chicken flavor & salt
- Once at a boil place lid on, turn heat down to low, and cook 15-20 min.
Here’s all that left of dinner. Ages two years old to thirty six ate is up!
Enjoy your meal that inspires a #happyhealthyjoyfullife