Eat a rainbow of nutrients is my goal, and this salad makes it easy to accomplish. Tonight I only had on hand 4 colors, but that’s pretty good in my world of living within in good, better, or best.
- I cook by taste, because I was exposed to many different flavors as a kid, and growing up. My goal for you is to expose yourself to wonderful recipes, with many diverse flavors. From there gain your confidence in what the flavors are so you know if you want more or less of that particular flavor. Big Examples would be: Salt, vinegar, lemon juice, pepper, spicy flavors etc. So with that said use the basic recipe, and taste as you mix, and play around with more or less lemon, honey, or vanilla. Get to know what YOU like. And allow your kids exposure to fuel food!
Here is what ingredients I used and a visual on the salad dressing:
Lets begin, by preparing the solids in the salad
- 2 golden delicious apples
- 1 Gala Apple
- You are free to use whatever apples are in your fridge, I just happened to have a variety this day
- 1 cut finely chopped celery
- 2 small/ 1 large carrot finely shredded
In a separate bowl mix your sweet “salad dressing”
- 1/3 C. Mayonaise
- 1-3 Tbl. Lemon Juice. Start small then add more after all ingredient is mixed. This is designed to cover the “mayo” taste. Sometimes I like a more lemon strong flavor
- 2 drops CPTG doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
- 2-3 Tbl. Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a tiny pinch of salt
- mix well together. Taste it, and if it’s not quite what you were looking for, add more sweet, lemon, or maybe even salt to bring in a stronger salty sweet taste. You can see in the picture the slight brownish color, because wanted a stronger sweet taste.
Enjoy eating a rainbow